Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Going to the shelters

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to write a quick post about going to your local animal shelters. My boyfriend and I have done this a few times looking for a dog, and it's actually where we rescued our cat last year. I know a lot of people are apprehensive about going, because it's sad and hard to look in all of their eyes, and I am no different. But it is well worth it to go there because so many are in need of homes because of backyard breeders and owner surrenders. Don't write off the shelters because they can be the place where you find your new companion! I know I will be continuing my search for a dog there, even though I do get sad that I cannot adopt them all, I know I can make a small step toward getting many more homes with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment